Who is the camp run by?
The camp is run by volunteers from the Palo Alto JV and Varsity Science Olympiad teams.
What can my child expect to learn from this camp?
Since this is a camp geared towards promoting a love for science, there will be a wide variety of activities that will cater to various interests, whether that is biology, engineering, chemistry, physics, etc. Additionally, there will be some activities that aim to introduce students to the Science Olympiad competition itself in the form of demonstrations or other activities.
Is payment due in full when I register?
You must submit payment in full to reserve a spot for your child.
What is your refund policy?
If the cancellation is….
1. 30 days or more prior to the first day of camp, the parent/guardian will receive a full refund.
2. Between 14 to 30 days prior to the start of camp, the parent/guardian will receive a full refund, minus a $50 fee for cancellation.
3. Less than 14 days prior to the start of camp, the parent/guardian will be granted a partial (50% of total camp fees) refund.
4. No refunds will be issued once camp begins.
5. Should your child be removed from a camp due to behavioral issues, there will be no refund.
Where do income go?
Funds go towards supporting Paly’s two teams for the 2018-2019 competitive season. This helps the students compete in their events by paying for materials, transportation, textbooks, and everything we might need in order to succeed!
What is Science Olympiad?
Science Olympiad is a team-based science competition where teams compete in various types of events ranging from study events like Astronomy and Anatomy to lab and engineering events like Forensics, Electric Vehicle, and Robot Arm. The teams participate in their local regional competition (Paly competes in the SCCRSO tournament) where only top teams advance to the NorCal State Competition where Paly’s Varsity team has consistently placed 2nd, only to a top team in the entire country.